Type of Event
4 nights, 4 days
Cycle London to Paris
Guided 4 Days, London-Dover-Calais-Paris
Embrace the challenge of our four day journey between two iconic world capitals. Cycle through picturesque villages and beautiful countryside, past cathedrals, and scenes of historic battles. As the wind brushes your face and you enter the boundaries of Paris, you will experience a true sense of achievement culminating in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower. Spend your final day unwinding, sightseeing, embracing all this wonderful city has to offer before boarding the Eurostar for your comfortable journey to St Pancras. Well deserved and worthwhile.
Two iconic cities and two famous landmarks. Begin at the Greenwich Observatory, London and finish under the Tour Eiffel, Paris. Your four days of cycling cover approximately 278 miles (477 km). Pass through quaint villages, historic sites, vibrant towns, and beautiful countryside. To complete your memories, enjoy the restaurants, galleries and even the nightlife of one of the most romantic cities.
- Average daily cycling distance, 60-80 miles/80-110 km
- Hotel accommodation for four nights; includes breakfast. (Dover, Abbeville, Beauvais, and Paris)
- One night and a morning in Paris
- 278 miles 447km total journey
- Professional cycle guides
- London to Paris Jersey available to all participants. (See tab above)
Cycling London to Paris
Journey through Kent and the North Downs, a challenge to pedal power. Pass through rural countryside, relatively unspoiled and unchanged for centuries. Board the ferry to Calais and head inland and south. Your surroundings have seen many conflicts over the centuries and are a stark reminder of the past; the 100 Years’ War, the World Wars. Pass the spectacular Gothic cathedrals of Abbeville and Beauvais, constructed from beautiful limestone with rich tracery and flying buttresses. Travel through rolling countryside and picturesque settlements as you pedal onwards to Paris and its many promises and treasures.
Watch David Stanfield’s London to Paris Experience
You’ll enjoy the highs and lows of one of the World’s iconic cycle rides.
We usually run this London to Paris Cycle over 4 nights, 5 days (4 cycling days), Wednesday to Sunday, however, if you would like to do this at any other time, please contact us. A sample itinerary follows:
Day One – London to Dover
Meet at 6.30am at the Greenwich Observatory to start riding at 7am. The route takes in Greenwich Park, Shooters Hill and then follows the Thames corridor through to Dartford. From there we skirt Maidstone passing through Coxheath, Lenham and over the Kent Downs towards Folkestone. The route follows the coast from Folkestone to Dover, for our overnight stay.
Distance: 80 miles (129 km)
Day Two – Calais to Abbeville
After breakfast, we take the ferry to Calais, cycle through the old town centre and begin our route on minor roads crossing through the beautiful rolling countryside of the Boulonnais National Park. The road surfaces are good and the chances to stop at the roadside are plentiful. The route then passes through numerous small villages, the beautiful gardens and abbey of Valloires and past a picturesque windmill. We finish the day in the town of Abbeville.
Distance: 75 miles (121 km)
Day Three – Abbeville to Beauvais
The day starts with a ride through the town centre, then out into the open countryside. The roads used are in good condition, although narrow and single lane in places. We follow the River Somme for a small section and then cycle past open fields and through pretty French villages to Grand Villiers. The last section of the day runs along the D149 into the town of Beauvais. Despite the town being severely damaged during the Second World War, the great Gothic Cathedral is a must-see, especially its ornate Medieval clock.
Distance: 63 miles (101 km)
Day Four – Beauvais to Paris
10 am start
Leaving Beauvais the going is undulating, heading south past arable fields into the Vexin National Park and then cross the River Oise at Méry sur Oise. Paris comes into sight and on entering the outskirts, there are some steep, winding descents down to the River Seine, where we cycle along to the Bois de Boulogne. From here, we head to the Trocadero for fantastic views of the Eiffel Tower and take the final ride down beneath the Tower, along the Seine, then onto the Place de Concord and up the Champs Elysees with a victory lap for the brave around the Arc de Triomphe.
Distance: 53 miles (86 km)
Day Five – Paris
There is a free morning in Paris for sightseeing before making our way home via Eurostar. Why not visit a museum or gallery before travelling back to the UK? Return times range between 12 noon and 6pm.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, rider’s fitness, weather conditions, accommodation availability, or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary. All timings are approximate and for guidance purpose only.
This tour is tough but achievable. To enjoy this trip, you need to have a good level of fitness. It’s a true challenge but attainable. The cycling days will cover 60-80 miles and will take around 6-8 hours. There are a few significant hills on the route, particularly on the first day. We recommend that you follow a fitness plan in preparation for your challenge; an example of one will be sent to you when you have confirmed your booking. Although a fitness professional has devised the fitness plan we will send to you, this is only provided as a guide and you should seek professional advice before starting your own fitness regime.
London to Paris – Route
Take on the challenge and cycle from London to Paris – two of the most iconic capital cities in the world. Cycle through picturesque villages and beautiful countryside. You will also pass battlefields and cathedrals. The feeling of the wind in your face and sense of achievement as you make the final ride into Paris is very special indeed. On your final day, enjoy a morning sightseeing in Paris before catching the Eurostar back to St Pancras
Please click on the image below to see the route that the ride will take from London to Paris.
Price Inclusions / Exclusions
- Participants register online, with a deposit payment of £199.00.
- The remaining £700.00 is due 10 weeks before your scheduled ride date and is payable by bank transfer.
You will receive reminder emails two weeks prior to payment.
What is Included
- Four nights’ accommodation in comfortable hotels based on twin rooms en-suite with breakfast.
- Qualified and experienced cycle leader(s).
- Support vehicle.
- All luggage and equipment safely transferred on cycle days.
- Ferry crossing (Dover to Calais).
- Transport for bikes back to London in the support vehicle.
- Expert local knowledge and 24-hour emergency assistance during your trip.
- Professional event organisation.
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders.
- Financial Protection: in the unlikely event of insolvency, all our trips are protected in accordance with the 1992 Package Travel Regulations.
- Travel to the start point and journey home from the finish point of the trip.
- Pit stops: We will stop in fantastic French villages and towns at well-selected cafes for our breaks and lunch. This enables you to choose what you want and it will be at your own cost. The evening meals will be up to you where you go and at your cost as this gives you the freedom to do whatever you want. Or you can join the event crew who will be going to a designated local restaurant.
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects).
- Bike and bike equipment.
- Return transport via Eurostar to London
- Transport from St Pancras to the start point to collect your luggage and bike. Sharing a taxi is advisable and more cost-effective.
- Single Room Supplement £70.00 per person per night
- Extra night in London prior to departure £75.00 per person per night for twin accommodation see hotel Clarendon, at Blackheath Start point. (Book yourself) This cost was correct at the time of writting.
- Extra night in London prior to departure £120.00 per night for single room accommodation. This cost was correct at the time of writting.
- Extra night in Paris at the end of event £85.00 per person per night for twin accommodation. Please get confirmation.
- Extra night in Paris at the end of event £140.00 per night for single room accommodation. Please get confirmation.
London to Paris Event Jersey
The London to Paris Jersey is now available and can be purchased at registration, please see design below. More information to follow shortly. Please add your size when you register.
The event jerseys are of top quality and would normally retail for £65.00 (not included in package)
Please select from Optional Extras at checkout.
Why not turn your magnificent achievement into an honourable one as well? We have enabled hundreds of participants to raise thousands and thousands of pounds for worthy causes.
You’ll not only be supporting an organisation or charity but providing yourself with an added incentive, very useful when facing those hard miles near the end of the day.
London to Paris Guided (4 Days)